Oh dear tissue, how I find comfort in your fluffy white goodness.
You never tear in the wrong places.
You always stand true and firm against everything that blows your way.
You are proud in spite of your tendency to aggravate raw faces.
Dear tissue, you are almost never in the right place and the right time but
Oh! how can I not help but adore you.
Ahhh- Chew. (I’m reading the House of Mirth, can you tell?)
I’m alive and well. Thank you all for your words of healing. I hope that I made it to each of you to personally respond. If not, I’ll be there soon!
I made it through and am finally feeling better. I was back at work extra full time (who really works a 40 hour week anyway?!) last week. Somehow my social calendar is starting to resemble Jackie’s. How is it that I moved to this city three years ago with not a friend to be named and now I’m little Miss Social Bug? The blog I tell you, the blog. To catch you up, I’ll introduce the parade of bloggers…
– I met a bunch of new friends: Miss Kim (who does have great hair) and Miss Maryse (who doesn’t really have man hands and will kick your butt if you get all up in her mini’s face.) Both of these ladies were a pleasure to meet. Maryse wouldn’t let me sign her chest with my sharpie.
– I said good-bye to a new friend that I only had the pleasure of meeting. Mr. Aki is a hoot. He works with me and has been a constant source of happy feelings.
– I got into bed with a married lesbian couple, a married gay couple, and my husband. Take that George Bush! As saucy as that sounds, it wasn’t so much. My friend Laure’s had a surprise party at her house this past weekend. What’s the most logical place to hide in anticipation of the surprise? The bed of course! We all giggled until we couldn’t breathe and yes, there are pictures.
– I finished a flower wash cloth from Weekend Knitting. No picture. This was a gift for Laure’s birthday. It was damn cute – pink petals, yellow middle and pink center. I blocked in my office on Friday. It was kind of fun. A little bit risquÃ©, soaking it in the bathroom, running down the hall and carefully arranging it on the towel I brought from home. Whew, what a thrill. I blush at the remembrance of it.
– I cleaned my house. Did you know that two weeks ago, while I was on my death bed, I had yogurt and granola for breakfast? Yah, well…I had forgotten until we found the bowl this weekend while digging out the couch. Disssssssssssssssssssssssgusting. I was sick, cut me some slack.